Monday, June 1, 2009

Packing and Saying Goodbyes

My room is so messy right now, not because I am disorganized, but because I am moving in 12 days! I have mixed emotions about the whole process. I will miss my friends here with all of my heart. Their love and kindness to me have encouraged me during this year in the US. My friends have blessed me in so many ways. I can't even say how thankful I am for all that they have done for me. The Grace Church Senior High Youth Group has also been such a blessing to me. God has used Pastor Steve to teach me so much and everyone has been so friendly. The youth group is overflowing with love and God is using them to impact the lives of others in a variety of ways. It won't be the same next year without Wednesday Night Live and Sunday Morning Son Life, but I know that God wants my family to return to Papua New Guinea. I am excited about visiting my grandparents in California and then seeing all of the friends that God has given me in PNG. I am looking forward to a great senior year, before I come back to the US for college, but I wish I had more time with everybody in Ohio. If only I could take all my friends to PNG, one of my dreams would become reality. But I don't think that's what God wants, and God's plan is best, so I strive to follow it. I wish that even just one friend would come visit me. Maybe somebody's up for a new and invigorating experience. I'll just wait and see. For now I only have 12 days left with all of these wonderful people, some that I have known for many years and others that I have only recently met, and I want to make the most of them! God bless you guys!

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3
Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians' Faith
2We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. 3We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment: