Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wait patiently.

Surrender yourself to the LORD, and wait patiently for him. Do not be preoccupied with [an evildoer] who succeeds in his way when he carries out his schemes. -Psalm 37:7 {GOD'S WORD}


It's difficult to surrender ourselves to God and wait patiently for him, but that's what he commands us to do. This summer I was hoping to get a job, but I still don't have one. I could be angry with God, but instead I'm waiting patiently for him to show me what he wants me to accomplish for his glory this summer.


My parents have patiently waited for the LORD for his plans for their lives this year. He told them to leave PNG and return to the US so that some of the evil influences that are currently in my brother's life will be removed and so that my brother's relationship with Christ might be restored. 


My mom and dad could have decided to stay put in Papua New Guinea and do the work that God has given them to do, but instead they have chosen to surrender their wills to God and he has blessed them for their obedience. Our church's missionary house is available for them to live in for a year and they were able to buy plane tickets for the trip to the States. Praise God for his faithfulness and grace in their lives.


There are still needs, but I am confident that God will provide. My parents don't own a car, so they need to purchase one, and I lost my scholarship at college for next semester, (I can get it back for the following semester if I raise my GPA to a certain point), so I might have to take out another loan or my parents will have to help me pay the extra dollars. Please pray that we will be able to pay for all of our needs and that my family will continue to trust God's will. Also pray that I would be motivated to study hard so that I can receive high grades and get my scholarship back. Thanks!


In Christ,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. What an encouraging post Jessica! Praise the Lord that I read it! I will pray for you :)

    I wanted to go on a missionary trip this summer, but the Lord didn't want it, because He had other plans for me! Our Jesus is more than faithful :)
    God bless

    ReplyDelete