Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Little Everyday Instances.

This past Monday I woke up feeling slightly sick, exhausted and didn't like my appearance at all. Instead of pouting and being angry, I took the time to notice, appreciate and thank God for every little way he was working in my life. I saw God at work so many times that day, but I've forgotten most of them. I do remember one instance clearly, and that was of me walking to a review session for my Old Testament class that night after working out at the gym. The rain was coming down hard, and I missed seeing the sidewalk in front of me, so instead of stepping up onto it I tripped and fell. God allowed me to fall in such a way that I only got a tiny scratch on my right hand; everything else was fine, although I was a bit shaken up. One of the metal parts of my umbrella broke, which made it sort of lopsided but that didn't matter. What mattered was that God took care of me and I praised him each and every time for his kindness and favor towards me. He sent constant reminders throughout the day to say, "I'm here with you and I love you so much. You're my child, and I'm not letting you go." God cares deeply for each one of his children, and he is faithful.


Have you ever spent a day looking intently for God's hand at work in the fleeting moments? It's easy to miss seeing him work in little ways, but he is always doing something, whether we notice or not. Be intentional about seeing God at work not only in your life but also in the lives of others, particularly non-believing family and friends. How has God worked in you and through you this past week/month on mundane or difficult days?

2 comments:

  1. that is an amazing way to see a bad day! the next time i'm having one, i will look for the ways he is blessing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so inspiring! I'll definitely be thinking more about ways that I see God in life in the future. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete